- The draft financial statements of Tex Co for the year ended 31 March 2018 show the following information:
Cost of sales
The auditor has confirmed the trade payables payment period with the Tex Co staff as 98 days during the current year. This was compared with the payment period with the last year records and found out there has been a decrease of 20 days in average. Which of the following audit procedures will provide the auditor with the assertion of valuation of trade payables at the year end?
- Review the trade accounts payables listing to identify any large debits which should be recorded as trade receivables or deposits
- For a sample of vouchers, inspect supporting documentation, such as authorised purchase
- Test transactions around the year end to determine whether amounts have been recognised in the correct financial
- Compare the amounts owed to a sample of individual suppliers in the trade accounts payables listing with amounts owed to these suppliers in the previous
why not 1 why 4?